Tuesday 27 July 2010

A Day Out and a wee saunter down memory lane.

Was up at Loch Lomond yesterday for a spot of golf. Played the Carrick... well I say, I played the Carrick, really I wasn't very good. Came joint last in the day's play - so just remember that when you read that I wouldn't actually recommend the Carrick as a golf course for a tourist. It's certainly not a 'resort' style course playable for fun. The greens were incredibly slow and there were just far too many hazards all over the course for my taste. There are a lot more fun and historic courses around Scotland without having to pay the sort of Green fees that are called for up there.

The clubhouse / changing rooms were fantastic though... but then so were the bar prices! So fantastic indeed that we headed up to the Inverbeg Inn for a few beers before heading back to Houston for a meal at the Fox and Hounds, which was superb as always.

I worked as a waiter in the Inverbeg Inn back in 1987 and had an absolute ball that summer. I just can't believe it was 23 years ago now! but what changes have taken place up there. The place just looks superb now. A really good refurbishment if ever I saw one. I'll definitely stop in there for a spot of food sometime soon. The end of summer up there, just as Autumn's colours start to appear with an evening sun is how I always picture Ben Lomond.

No comments:

Post a Comment